[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4682: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
New build on a Super Seeker CTSF 63 4X

Postby CATCHINJIANTS » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:55 pm

I am working on turning this rail rod into a monster standup blank. My style of fishing with huge drags I need a rod that can stand up to extreme lifting.

So far...
Blank thru construction taking the 6'3" rod down to 5'8" from the butt.
AFTCO 130lb reel seat.
Rail grip on the fore grip.

Things I have not ironed out yet is guides or rollers, and protection of the rear of the blank.
I tend to beat the heck out of a uni from resting it on the rail, so I need to come up with something to protect my blank thru. slick butt is not an option.
Here is a few pics of my style and in some you can clearly see why rollers are on the way out for me.

beat up rod butt

this is why

these are 80-130lb rods. this is why I am going for a little more rod.

What do you think any opinions on the build???
, FISH ON!!!
CATCHINJIANTS

Re: New build on a Super Seeker CTSF 63 4X

Postby boghy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

Here in SE Florida, when people use big 10ft shark rod they protect the butt section of the blank, while fishing from the railings of an pier or bridge, with clear plastic tube from home depot and secure it with zip tie.
Basically you get this type of tube:

Make sure its just a little bit smaller in diameter inside then your butt section of your blank, then cut that tube as long as you need it, the when you have that, cut it again along the tube. Now, insert the tube on the blank section where you know for sure that will be on the railing, then zip tie several times to secure it. It won't look pretty, but the purpose of this is to be able to replace that tube, easily any time you're gonna see deep scratches. This is also something quick, cheap and easy to maintain.

Here is an example:

Need to contact me quicker?
1) Click on the banner below and provide your REAL NAME & PHONE NUMBER !!!
2) ANSWER YOUR PHONE AND PRESS #1 to be connected with me.

boghy
Site Admin

Return to Fishing Rods