[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4682: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3826)
Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II - reel drag upgrade under $5

Postby moderator » Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 pm

This is a "how to tutorial" on what can be tuned-up on your Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II drag under $5 cost.

Before you attempt to do any changes to Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II, call Okuma at (909)-923-2828 (ext 2) and purchase one piece of belleville, but not from Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II reel. The interesting fact about this order is that the belleville in need actually belongs to Okuma Solterra SLR-15CS and not Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II. Therefore, when you call them up, make sure to order the part number 16090013 named in the as "SPRING WASHER".

When you receive you package, the Okuma Solterra SLR-15CS belleville should looks like this:

Before you'll do anything with the Okuma Solterra SLR-15CS belleville you should follow the tutorial on until you get to this point:

There you'll gonna see the 2 bellevilles that comes originally set as such "()". Change that from "()" to "((". When you do that change, make sure that the 2 bellevilles when are set as: left side [bearing] "((" retainer right side. If you don't follow this order, you may damage the ball bearing when drag pressure is applied.
Here is where you do that change:

When that changed was done, install all the parts back till you get to this point, shown in picture bellow, fallowing again the same tutorial for :

Only at this point, take the Okuma Solterra SLR-15cs belleville and the Okuma Cavalla 50w Adjust Block (see picture bellow):

and mount the Okuma Solterra SLR-15cs belleville inside the Okuma Cavalla 50w Adjust Block as seen in this picture:

After that, install both parts back in the Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II's Level Drag as seen bellow:

Then, take the Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II Cast Control Cap with the spring already inside as shown here:

and begin screwing back all the way in:

I screwed mine in till felt tight and i didn't lost any freespool:

Depending on how you do your measurements there should be a good amount of drag increase. The way how i do my measurements i got in average pull about 17lb-21lb drag increase (~50lb total based on how i measure) at full spool without loosing the freespool. I use a digital scale to measure my drag, but some people use a mechanical scale, or one specially designed scale to measure reel drags. Either way, if you didn't did it already, you can do some drag measurements on you reel before you do any changes. After that, applying the same type of measurements your drag pressure will jump considerably on your reel.

If you feel to live any feedback, please do so. I would really like to hear your thoughts about Okuma Cavalla CA-50W-II.

Return to Okuma Fishing Reels